*The League rules listed here are additions to FIFA’s Laws of the Game and have been specifically adapted for this facility and its indoor soccer League.
Player Eligibility – All players MUST be registered with BC Soccer and online through Got Soccer before they can participate in a game. Only players registered with the League and BC Soccer may play.
Game Sheets given to Referee by Team Representative on game day is the FINAL game roster.
Equipment – All players must have shin guards and turf or firm ground cleats only. Jewelry must
be removed. Additional equipment requirements are decided by the referee.
Home Team is to provide game ball and pinnies; having an alternate set of pinnies on hand is
Number of players - 6v6; includes goalkeepers. For Co-ed two (2) players on the field for each
team must be female.
Length of Games – Two (2) 25-minute halves and a 5 min half time. This allows for a 5-minute
warm up. Teams should be ready for kick off time. If teams are not ready game clock will start
and that time will be lost for that game.
Substitutions - On the fly, players must be off the field before the next player subs on or within
Goalkeepers - the FIFA 6 Second Rule is in effect. Hands can be used within the crease area.
Players cannot kick the ball over half field and if they do, it will result in a direct free kick. If players fail to distribute the ball within 6 seconds this will result in a corner kick. The goalkeeper cannot dribble the ball back into the crease and then pick the ball up with their hands.
Ball can be played over half from goal kicks and all plays.
Out of Bounds (Roof, building structure, lines) - If the ball goes out of bounds this will result in a
kick in. If the ball hits the roof, then it will be considered a direct free kick placed closest to the
spot where it hit the roof.
Out of Bounds (End Line) - if the opposing team knocks it across the end line it will be a goal kick.
If the defending team hits the ball over the end line it will be a corner kick.
Sliding - No slide tackling will be permitted. If a player goes to ground it will be up to the Referee’s discretion to make the call. Sliding will only be allowed when made into “open space” going to block a pass or shot.
A sliding foul inside box will be placed at top of box for a direct free kick.
Jerseys - Each team must wear the same coloured jersey, or all be wearing the same coloured
pinnies. Home Team is responsible for providing pinnies.
Goals - All goals will restart back at the center circle for a kick off for the team that has just been
scored on. Ball can be played forward or back.
Playoffs - If the game is tied, play will go straight to PKs as this ensures that all other games start
Players Area - The only people allowed on the sideline will be players who are eligible to play as
well as 1 Coach.
Player Eligibility - Players must be registered online through Got Soccer before they can
participate in a game. Only players registered with the League may play.
PENALTIES, VIOLATIONS & SUSPENSIONS
Free Kicks - All free kicks will be direct and will be awarded as either a penalty shot or direct free kick. Defending players must be at least 5 meters away from the spot where the kick is being taken. Ball will be played from top of box for direct free kick. For co-ed divisions all free kicks on the offensive half of the field will be taken by any female player.
Penalty kicks - PKs will be given when a “sure goal” opportunity is taken from a player.
o A hand ball to purposely stop the ball from going in the net
o Fouling a player when they are the last defender back
o This will result in a red card and a 10-minute penalty, the receiving team will NOT play a
Penalty kicks will be placed at the top of the box; one (1) step penalty kicks.
Yellow Cards - A yellow card will be considered a caution.
Red Cards - Players receiving a red card will be immediately ejected from the game and
suspended from the next game. The team that committed the offence will play down a man for
A Discipline Chair made up of 2-3 Coastal FC staff members will be assigned to review all
Spitting - Spitting is not permitted. Failure to comply will result in a yellow card.
Violent Conduct - There will be zero tolerance for violent conduct in the Coastal Indoor League.
Players/teams that have committed violent acts will be subject to removal from the League. Any of the following will result in a minimum 5 game suspension:
o Throwing or kicking an object at a player, official, of staff member
o Entering the field to join an on-field altercation
Playing suspended players - If a team is found paying a suspended player then all games the individual participated in will be automatic forfeits.
Player Identification - All players who receive a yellow/red card must accurately and truthfully identify themselves to the referee. If they fail to do so then the Team Rep will need to identify who they are.
Foul and Abusive Language/Actions
o Directed at another player - 2 game suspension
o Directed at an official or staff member - 3 game suspension
o Aggression towards another payer - 3 game suspension
o Aggression towards an official or staff member - 5 game suspension
• Each team will have one (1) official representative. It is this person's job to:
o Collect funds/pay all fees owed by team per payment schedule
o Conduct their team in a respectful manner, make sure they embody the philosophy of
the Coastal Indoor Soccer League
o Ensure that all their teammates are registered
o Make sure the team registers by the set deadline
• Standings - 3 points for a win. 1 point for a tie. 0 for a loss. When playoff spots are being determined, if two teams are tied it will go down to:
o Most wins
o Most goals for o Coin toss
• Game Forfeits - This will result in a 3 - 0 win for the opponent. o More than 48 hours notice - $200.00 fine
o 24 - 48 hours notice - $250.00 fine
o Less than 24 hours notice - $300.00 fine
• Playoff Forfeits – This will result in a 3-0 win for the opponent o More than 48 hours notice - $400.00 fine
o 24 – 48 hours notice - $450.00 fine
• Level of Competition - The League has the right to make changes to the divisions as deemed necessary. This will ensure that all teams are placed in the right division for quality competition.
• Schedule Changes - The League will update any schedule changes online as needed. It is your team and players responsibility to check the schedule as it is regularly updated.
• A player is considered eligible to play in the League for their team after completing their registration form and waiver. Only players registered with the League and BC Soccer may participate. Each player is only permitted to play for the team they have registered with.
• All player waivers must be signed and received prior to participating in any games.
• Any teams found to be playing ineligible players will result in a 1-0 win for the other team, or, in the event the other team won the game, the team representative will be subject to a one (1) game suspension. If the team representative is found playing ineligible players again, they will be subject to a two (2) game suspension and a $50.00 fine and/or further penalties from the League (season suspension or expulsion), as determined by the League.
• Player eligibility is a legal liability and insurance coverage issue and is consequentially taken
extremely seriously for Unregistered Players.
• There is zero tolerance for playing unregistered players. Any teams found to be playing
unregistered players will result in a 1-0 win for the other team, OR, in the event the other team won the game, the team representative will be subject to a one (1) game suspension. If the team representative is found playing unregistered players again, they will be subject to a two (2)
game suspension and a $50.00 fine and/or further penalties from the League (season suspension or expulsion), as determined by the League.
• Prior to each game, the referee or an Administrator of the League will check the team's roster and player`s identification to ensure all players are registered with the League. In the event a player does not have photo identification, or is not registered with the League, they will not be able to play.